We're happy to inform you that our third monthly Release Update (RU) for Oracle Enterprise Manager 13.4 is now available for download! You can download the Release Updates from My Oracle Support: Patches & Updates.
As we discussed previously, Release Updates (or "RU" for short) are a way for us to roll out new EM features and bug fixes to you more quickly, without waiting for a major release vehicle (such as EM 13.x) to deliver them. We expect to follow a more-or-less monthly cadence for ongoing RUs.
Release Updates are Cumulative
Before covering what's in RU3, a friendly reminder that all RUs are cumulative, which means that EM 13.4 RU3 includes all of the functionality in both of the EM 13.4 RU1 and EM 13.4 RU2 releases. So if you haven't applied the RU1/RU2 patches yet, don't worry -- applying RU3 will cover everything in RU1/RU2 as well. It is our general recommendation that you apply the most current patches as soon as possible.
Functional Updates included in RU3
Oracle Enterprise Manager 13.4 RU3 includes significant enhancements to key feature areas of Enterprise Manager, including but not limited to the items below:
- New Center for Internet Security (CIS) Certifications provide enhanced data security by ensuring compliance with CIS best practices. Specifically, Enterprise Manager has now been certified by the Center for Internet Security for the following standards (see more details HERE).
- Oracle 12c Database CIS v2.1.0 - Level 1 - RDBMS using Unified Auditing for Oracle Database
- Oracle 12c Database CIS v2.1.0 - Level 1 - RDBMS using Unified Auditing for Oracle Cluster Database
- New Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) Standards audit conformance with the US Department of Defense (DOD) best practices:
- Oracle 12c Database STIG - Version 1, Release 16 for Oracle Database
- Oracle 12c Database STIG - Version 1, Release 16 for Oracle Cluster Database
- Oracle 11.2g Database STIG Version 1, Release 16 for Oracle Database
- Oracle 11.2g Database STIG Version 1, Release 16 for Oracle Cluster Database
- All Compliance Standards can now be re-run on-demand for any given target to stay up to date, for example, with Security Recommendations For Oracle Products.
- New Target Certifications
- Oracle Linux Virtualization 4.3.6 Managed Target
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall (download the new AVDF Plug-In version 184.108.40.206.0 from Self-Update)
- Multitenant (Pluggable Database) Lifecycle Management enhancements
- New out-of-the-box configuration comparisons for PDB targets
- New workflows for PDB cloning into higher DB versions (upgrades)
- Support for various database cloning workflows into Databases encrypted with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Real Application Testing's SQL Performance Analyzer has several enhancements, including testing the effects of a migration from an on-premises database to an Autonomous Database, testing using workloads with concurrent SQL execution and additional validations of query results under test.
- Exadata Consolidation Planner now supports user-defined maximum memory for Exadata shapes
- AWR Warehouse now supports DataGaurd for warehouse failover and has new diagnosability features to ensure maximum performance.
- Tighter integration with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Provisioning Automation Framework REST APIs allow additional EM Lifecycle Management functionality to be leveraged against cloud Database targets
- Installation and Upgrade enhancements include parallel OMS upgrades and mass Agent decommissioning workflows.
- Enterprise Monitoring enhancements include Target filtering by Cost Center, new filters for Always-On-Monitoring and blackout exclusions for composite Targets.
Full list of EM 13.4 RU 3 Patches
Release Update patches are versioned with a trailing digit indicating the RU version (ex., 220.127.116.11). You can see the full list of patches in RU 3 below. Be sure to view the patch READMEs and the My Oracle Support note: Enterprise Manager 13.4 Master Release Update List (Includes Plug-ins) (Doc ID 2647078.1).
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager 13c Release 4 Update 3 (18.104.22.168) for Oracle Management Service
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager 13c Release 4 Platform Update 3 (22.214.171.124) for Oracle Management Agent
- Agent Monitoring
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager for EMREP 13c Release 4 Plug-in Update 3 (126.96.36.199) for Oracle Management Agent
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager for Systems Infrastructure 13c Release 4 Plug-in Update 3 (188.8.131.52) for Oracle Management Agent
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database 13c Release 4 Plug-in Update 3 (184.108.40.206) for Oracle Management Agent
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager for Oracle Virtual Infrastructure 13c Release 4 Plug-in Update 3 (220.127.116.11) for Oracle Management Agent
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager for Fusion Middleware 13c Release 4 Plug-in Update 3 (18.104.22.168) for Oracle Management Agent
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager for Fusion Applications 13c Release 4 Plug-in Update 3 (22.214.171.124) for Oracle Management Agent
- Oracle® Enterprise Manager for Big Data Appliance 13c Release 4 Plug-in Update 3 (126.96.36.199) for Oracle Management Agent
We hope you enjoy Oracle Enterprise Manager 13.4 Release Update 3! As always, we welcome your feedback on how we can make Enterprise Manager more useful to you, and how we can make the installation and upgrade process even smoother.