Quarterly E-Business Suite Upgrade Recommendations: January 2012 Edition
By Steven Chan (Oracle Development) on Jan 10, 2012
I've previously published advice on the general priorities for applying EBS updates. But what are your top priorities for major upgrades to EBS and its technology stack components?
Here is a summary of our latest upgrade recommendations for
E-Business Suite updates and technology stack components. These quarterly recommendations are based upon the latest
updates to Oracle's product strategies, support deadlines, and
Upgrade Recommendations for January 2012
- EBS 11i users should upgrade to 12.1.3, or -- if staying on 11i -- should be on the minimum 11i patching baseline,
- EBS 12.0 users should upgrade to 12.1.3, or -- if staying on 12.0 -- should be on the minimum 12.0 patching baseline,
- EBS 12.1 users should upgrade to 12.1.3.
- Oracle Database 10gR2 and 11gR1 users should upgrade to 11gR2 220.127.116.11.
- EBS 12 users of Oracle Single Sign-On 10g users should migrate to Oracle Access Manager 11g 18.104.22.168.
- EBS 11i users of Oracle Single Sign-On 10g users should migrate to Oracle Access Manager 10g 10.1.4.3.
- Oracle Internet Directory 10g users should upgrade to Oracle Internet Directory 11g 22.214.171.124.
- Oracle Discoverer users should migrate to Oracle
Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) or Oracle Business
Intelligence Applications (OBIA).
- Oracle Portal 10g users should migrate to Oracle WebCenter 11g or upgrade to Portal 11g.
- All Windows desktop users should migrate from JInitiator and older Java releases to JRE 1.6.0_30 or higher.