New OA Framework 188.8.131.52 Consolidated Update Patch for Now Available
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on May 23, 2011
[July. 21, 2011 update: This patchset leaves the OA Framework version number unchanged at 12.1.3, not 184.108.40.206.]
[Jul. 5, 2011 update: revised title and text for better search optimisation]
All of the web-based content in Oracle E-Business Suite 12 depends upon the Oracle Application Framework (OAF or "OA Framework") user interface libraries and infrastructure. Updates to OA Framework are generally delivered as part of the major Release Update Pack cycle.
For example, the EBS 12.1.3 Release Update Pack was released in August 2010. That Release Update Pack included the ATG 12.1.3 Family Pack, which, in turn, included the latest level of OA Framework libraries for that release.
Given the central nature of these libraries, it's a significant event when the OA Framework team releases a standalone set of updates outside of the usual Release Update Pack delivery cycle. They have just released a new consolidated OA Framework patchset that can be applied on top of EBS 12.1.3:
- OA Framework R 220.127.116.11 (Patch 11894708:R12.FWK.B)
What's New in this Patch?
This is an important patch for E-Business Suite 12.1.3 users. It contains more than 25 enhancements and critical updates for OA Framework functionality. We strongly recommend that all EBS 12.1.3 users apply this patch.
- Few rows are missing while exporting data from a table.
- NoDefException when user selects a value from Look Ahead LOV
- Segment values are cleared when a value is entered in a segment.
- User is able to login and see the previous users list of responsibilities on the same PC
- Graphs not rendering properly in Linux Machines
- Insufficient privileges' issue encountered while doing forward to Embedded mode URL
- NullPointerException encountered in OASlideMenuUtil when attempting to create commercial surrogate quote.
- Segments not aligned to the parent segments when flex bean is added under message component layout.
- NullPointer Exception thrown in AdvancedTable pages when the Accessibility mode is set to Screen Reader Optimized.
- Key flexfield segments are blanked out or populated with incorrect values.
- LOV not working in Screen Reader Optimized accessibility mode.
- "Portlet Not Available' error in E-Business Suite Portlets integrated with WebCenter 11g.
- Intermittent FND_NO_DATABASE_CONNECTION error observed in Configurable Home Page.
- Invalid date error shown when attempting to enter a Daylight Saving Time (DST) change date.
- Ability to display errors associated with the context segment at attribute level also.
- Support to export file as .tsv when FND_EXPORT_MIME_TYPE is set to "text/tab-separated-values".
- Support for enabling sorting in the classic table columns that are added under a layout.
- Serbian language support in OA Framework. This is a common fix for both Latin Serbian script and Cyrillic Serbian script.
- Support for enhanced Popup indicators.
And, as a word for the wise: it is likely that future emergency OAF
patches for EBS 12.1.3 will require this patch as a prerequisite.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Applications Technology Readme for Release 12.1.3 (R12.ATG_PF.B.delta.3, Patch 8919491) (Doc ID 1066312.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 Now Available
- New Whitepaper: Upgrading EBS 11i Forms + OA Framework Personalizations to EBS 12
- Choosing the Right JDeveloper Release for Your EBS Environment