E-Business Suite Plug-in 188.8.131.52 for Enterprise Manager 12c Now Available
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Jun 08, 2012
[June 12, 2012 Update: Added licencing information]
Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 184.108.40.206.0 is now available for use with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c. Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 220.127.116.11 is an integral part of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12 Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite.
This latest plug-in extends EM 12c Cloud Control with E-Business Suite
specific system management capabilities and features enhanced change
The Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite includes:
- Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 18.104.22.168 combines functionality that was available in the previously-standalone Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite and Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite with
- Oracle Real User Experience Insight
- Oracle Configuration & Compliance capabilities
A license for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control is required to use this product. There is an additional licensing cost for the Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite. A license for the Application Management Suite includes licenses for the E-Business Suite Plug-in, Oracle Real User Experience Insight, and Oracle Configuration & Compliance products.This is a Development blog, and we don't have the background to discuss licensing in more detail. We'd recommend contacting your Oracle account manager for more information about licenses.
Updates to product bundling
Features that were previously available in the standalone management packs are now packaged in the Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in, which is certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control:
- Functionality previously available for Application Management Pack (AMP) is now classified as “System Management for Oracle E-Business Suite” within the plug-in.
- Functionality previously available for Application Change Management Pack (ACMP) is now classified as “Change Management for Oracle E-Business Suite” within the plug-in.
The Application Configuration Console and the Configuration Change Console are now native components of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
System Management Enhancements
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Base Platform uptake: All components of the management suite are certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control.
- Privilege Delegation: The Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in now extends Enterprise Manager’s privilege delegation through Sudo and PowerBroker to Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in host targets.
- Privileges and Roles for Managing Oracle E-Business Suite: This release includes new ready-to-use target and resource privileges to monitor, manage, and perform Change Management functionality.
- Named Credentials Uptake in Cloning: The Clone module transactions now let users leverage the Named Credential feature introduced in Enterprise Manager 12c, thereby passing all the benefits of Named Credentials features in Enterprise Manager to the Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in users.
- Smart Clone improvements: In addition to the existing 11i support that was available on previous releases, the new Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in widens the coverage supporting Oracle E-Business Suite releases 12.0.x and 12.1.x. The new and improved Smart Clone UI supports the adding of "pre and post" custom steps to a copy of the ready-to-use cloning deployment procedure. Now a user can pass parameters to the custom steps through the interview screen of the UI as well as pass ready-to-use parameters to the custom steps. Additional configuration enhancements are included for configuring RAC targets databases, such as the ability to customize listener names and the option to configure with Virtual IP or Scan IP.
- Support for longer file names: Customization Manager now handles file names up to thirty characters in length.
- Queuing of Patch Manager Runs: This feature allows patch runs to queue up if Patch Manager detects a specific target is in a blackout state.
- Multi-node system patching: The patch run interview has been enhanced to allow Enterprise Manager Administrator to choose which nodes adpatch will run on.
- New AD Administration Options: The patch run interview has been extended to include AD Administration Options "Relink Application Programs", "Generate Product Jars Files", "Generate Report Files", and "Generate Form Files".
Change Management Enhancements
- For new customers or existing customers wishing to perform a fresh install
- Enterprise Manager Store (within Enterprise Manager 12c)
- Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
- For existing customers wishing to upgrade their AMP 4.0 or AMP 3.1 installations
- Oracle Technology Network
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c
One or more of the following Oracle E-Business Suite Releases
- Release 11.5.10 CU2 with 11i.ATG_PF.H.RUP6 or higher
- Release 12.0.4 with R12.ATG_PF.A.delta.6
- Release 12.1 with R12.ATG_PF.B.delta.3
- Platforms and OS Release certification information is available from My Oracle Support via the Certification page.
- Search for "Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite and release 22.214.171.124.0."