Recommended Database Parameters Updated for EBS 11i
By Steven Chan-EBS Development-Oracle on Aug 13, 2009
Our EBS database architects have just released an updated version of that Note. Recent updates over the last month include a number of important changes and additions to our recommendations for:
- Database parameters that should be removed for 10gR2 (10.2.x) databases
- Database parameters that should be removed for 11gR1 (11.1.x) databases
- Advanced Queuing (AQ) additions to 10gR1, 10gR2, and 11gR1 recommendations
- Database initialization parameter sizing recommendations for processes, sessions, db_block_buffers, db_cache_size, sga_target, undo_retention, shared_pool_*, pga_aggregate_target, and total memory required for different numbers of concurrent users
- New links to related documents
One of our architects wryly observed that this relatively-short list of changes belies the actual importance and impact of the changes to our recommendations.
Don't be fooled -- these changes are extremely important and can have profound impact on the performance of your Apps database. All Apps DBAs should spend some quality time comparing your current database settings with the latest recommendations in this document.
- Can E-Business Users Apply Database Patch Set Updates?
- Database 11gR1 Version 126.96.36.199 Certified with EBS 11i
- On Database Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- Tuning All Layers of the Oracle E-Business Suite (OpenWorld 2008 Recap)