Automate Testing Using Oracle Application Testing Suite with Flow Builder for E-Business Suite
By Anne Carlson-Development-Oracle on Dec 13, 2013
- Oracle Functional Testing Suite for Oracle Applications – for functional and regression testing
- Oracle Load Testing Suite for Oracle Applications – for load and performance testing
- Oracle Test Manager – for test process management, test execution and defect tracking
The latest release of Oracle Application Testing Suite, referred to as 12.3, includes a new "Flow Builder" capability designed to reduce the effort and expertise needed to create and maintain automated test scripts for EBS 12.1.3 and 12.2. This should be welcome news for EBS customers looking to streamline their upgrade projects.
What is Flow Builder?
Flow Builder is an automated test generation framework delivered as part of the Oracle Functional Testing Suite for Oracle Applications. It provides an alternative to the traditional "record/playback" method for creating test scripts, which is time-consuming and produces scripts that are difficult to maintain.
Using Flow Builder, even non-technical testers can generate working test scripts from pre-built components. Each component represents an atomic test operation such as “create an invoice batch” or “apply an invoice hold.” Testers can assemble the pre-built components into test flows, and combine test flows with spreadsheet data to drive the testing of multiple data conditions. To maintain Flow Builder-generated scripts, testers need only know the names of common application functions instead of a complex scripting language.
Includes a Starter Kit
The EBS QA team uses the Flow Builder feature to do EBS testing, and provides pre-built test content that customers can use to jump start their own testing projects. Flow Builder includes an EBS starter kit with over 2000 pre-built components and 200 pre-built flows. The Flow Builder framework allows customers to add, modify and extend the pre-built components and flows to address new functionality and customizations to EBS.
The EBS QA team has improved their productivity by 60% using Flow Builder’s component-based test generation framework instead of a traditional record/playback approach. With Flow Builder, EBS customers can significantly improve their productivity and test coverage while saving on testing expense. Flow Builder content updates will be available for each new EBS major release, allowing customers to reduce maintenance overhead for test scripts.
- Data Sheet
- Oracle Application Testing Suite
- YouTube: Oracle Flow Builder Training
- YouTube: Oracle Application Testing Suite and Flow Builder Demonstration
- Oracle Functional Testing Suite Readme for E-Business Suite, Note 1578030.1
- EBS 12.1.1 Test Starter Kit Now Available for Oracle Applications Testing Suite
- Oracle Application Testing Suite 9.0 Supported with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Using the Oracle Application Testing Suite with EBS: Interim Update #1