Office 2010 64-bit Certified with EBS 12
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Dec 02, 2013
Microsoft Office 2010 64-bit is now certified with EBS 12.0.6, 12.1.3, and 12.2 with desktop clients using the following configurations:
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Internet Explorer 10 (64-bit)
The 32-bit equivalents are already certified; details are available here.
Are any patches required?
You must apply server-side patches to EBS 12.0.6 and 12.1.3 environments. Additional server-side patches are not required for EBS 12.2.x. All required interop patches are documented here:
What about EBS 11i?
There are no plans for this certification in E-Business Suite 11i. This certification primarily affects Web Application Desktop Integrator (a.k.a. WebADI, BNE) and Report Manager (FRM) integration with a 64-bit desktop client configuration. Architectural constraints in the EBS 11i versions of these components make these certifications infeasible.
What EBS products are covered by this certification?
The Oracle E-Business Suite is comprised of
several product families such as Financials, Supply Chain Management,
Human Resources, and so on. These product families group together
collections of individual products. Some of these products may be
optionally integrated with one or more Microsoft Office components such
as Excel, Word, and Projects.
Individual E-Business Suite product teams have the option of building integrations between their products and one or more Microsoft Office components. This is not mandatory. Over forty E-Business Suite teams offer these kinds of Office integrations today.
Examples of available integrations include:
- HRMS Payroll integrations with Microsoft Excel
- Supply Chain Management Contracts Core integration with Microsoft Word
- Financials General Ledger (GL) integration with Microsoft Excel
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Proposals integration with Microsoft Word
Office versions are certified?
We explicitly tested Microsoft Office 2010 64-bit Professional Edition with Oracle E-Business Suite. We expect that our certification tests also apply to the 64-bit equivalents, if available, to the following editions:
- Home and Student Edition
- Home and Business Edition
- Professional Academic Edition
- Office Web
- Starter Edition
- Mac Edition
How are these integrations supported?
You can log Service Requests against the E-Business Suite product that you're trying to integrate with Microsoft Office.
For example, you might be trying to take advantage of CRM Marketing (AMS) 12.1.2's integration with Excel 2010. To get support, you can log an SR against CRM Marketing directly.
The Support team for that product will help you diagnose and resolve the problem. If the issue is isolated to a Microsoft product, then it may be necessary to log a corresponding support ticket with Microsoft, as well.
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32-Bit) Certified with E-Business Suite
- Internet Explorer 10 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Confused About E-Business Server vs. Desktop Operating System Certifications?
- Internet Explorer 9 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Windows 7 64-bit Clients + 32-bit Browsers Certified with EBS 11i & 12