New Whitepaper: Function Security + Role-Based Access Control in Oracle EBS
By Sara Woodhull-Oracle on Apr 01, 2013
There are two main ways to implement security in Oracle E-Business Suite: “traditional” Oracle E-Business Suite responsibility-based security (usually referred to as “function security”) and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC). Since they overlap in functionality, and RBAC incorporates and builds upon responsibility-based security, there is often confusion about how the two security models coexist and interact.
I am pleased to announce the availability of a new whitepaper to help eliminate that confusion:
This heavily-illustrated whitepaper discusses the main similarities and differences between the two types of security setups, as well as the objects involved. It includes the following topics:
- Responsibility-based security (Function Security)
- Role-Based Access Control
- Functions and Permissions
- Roles and Grants
- Role Hierarchy and Role Inheritance
- Using Role Hierarchies to Simplify User Administration
- Best Practices for Implementing RBAC and Function Security
This whitepaper is written for Oracle E-Business Suite system administrators, super-users, and implementers. It applies to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.0, and 12.1.