Internet Explorer 8 Certified with E-Business Suite Release 11i
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Oct 06, 2009
[Aug. 9, 2013 update: IE 10 is now certified with EBS]
I'm very pleased to announce that Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 is now certified as a client browser for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i.
IE 8 Support Requires Forms6i Patchset 19
If you're running either Forms6i Patchset 18 or earlier in your EBS 11i environment, you will need to apply Forms6i Patchset 19 to get support for Internet Explorer 8 (IE 8).
E-Business Suite Release 11i Prerequisites
- Oracle Applications 11.5.10 plus Maintenance Pack 11.5.10 CU2 or later
- Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H Rollup 6 (RUP 6, Patch 5903765) or later
- Oracle Forms6i Patchset 19 (126.96.36.199.x) (Note 125767.1)
- Forms6i MLR Patch 8888184
- Desktop client on:
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or 3
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or 2
- Sun JRE 1.5.0_12 or later, or JRE 1.6.0_03 or later
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i (Note 285218.1)
- Upgrading Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) with Oracle Applications 11i for Windows Clients (Note 290807.1)
- Internet Explorer 8 Certified with E-Business Suite Release 12
- Confused About E-Business Server vs. Desktop Operating System Certifications?
- Updated Tips for Debugging Sun JRE + Forms Focus Issues for EBS 11i and 12
- Interim Update #1: Certifying Windows 7 with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Safari 3 Certified on Mac OS X for E-Business Suite Release 12