Configuring Integrated SOA Gateway in Multinode EBS Environments
By Rekha Ayothi-Oracle on May 09, 2013
The E-Business Suite's three-tier architecture consists of application tier services such as Web Application Services (oacore, oafm, Forms), Web Entry Point Services, Batch Processing Services, Root Services and database tier processes and data. A node represents a physical server with a set of processes. When application and database processes are distributed across multiple servers, it is called a multi-node installation. Generally, a hardware load-balancer is used to distribute EBS traffic between multiple nodes.
Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway (ISG) provides a SOA-based infrastructure to provide and consume web service in EBS. The Integrated SOA Gateway can be configured for use in multi-node EBS environments; see:
This document's steps for web service generation and deployment in multi-node environments should be followed for each EBS Public API exposed as web service.
How to set up Integrated SOA Gateway in multi-node environment
Service Provider: ISG generates web service artifacts and stores them in the Instance Home (INST_TOP). Regardless of whether a shared file system is used in EBS multi-node installation, ISG’s Service Provider should be configured to synchronize web service artifacts across all EBS application tier nodes.
Service Invocation Framework: ISG stores metadata about the web service to be invoked in database tables. However, if the target web service resides outside a corporate firewall, then you need to ensure that the EBS host has access to WSDL and target web service endpoints required for sending SOAP requests. This requires setting up Proxy Host and Port at appropriate EBS application tiers; see the "Setup Tasks" section in Chapter 9 in this guide:
Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Implementation Guide [Part E12169-06].
Proxy Host and Port setup should be done for each node in a multi-node environment.
- Installing Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway, Release 12 (Note 556540.1)
- Configuring Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Release 12.1.2 and Release 12.1.3 in a Multinode Environment (Note 1081100.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Troubleshooting Guide, Release 12 (Note 726414.1)
- Using Load-Balancers with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 380489.1)
- Using SAML-based Authentication for Web Services with Integrated SOA Gateway
- New Whitepaper: Primer on Integrating with EBS 12 with Other Applications