Apps Release 12.0.4 Release Update Pack Now Available
By Steven Chan-EBS Development-Oracle on Jan 15, 2008
The fourth major update for Apps Release 12 is now available for download from Metalink:
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.0.4 Release Update Pack (Patch 6435000)
A RUP by Any Other Name...
To revisit oft-confused terminology once again: In Release 11i, we have these things called Rollup Patches, which inexplicably became known as "RUPs." Release 11i Rollup Patches contain patches for a single product family (e.g. ATG Family Pack H Rollup 4).
In Release 12, we're now shipping these things called Release Update Packs. Given the way that neologisms form, it's inevitable that these will be called "RUPs" too. The difference is that the R12 Release Update Packs combine patches created across several E-Business Suite product families.
If you're paying attention, it should be dawning on you about now that "Release Update Packs" in Release 12 are the equivalent of "Consolidated Updates" in Release 11i. These are big, important patches.
What's New in Release Update Pack 4?
Regardless of what it's called, the fourth Release Update Pack for Release 12 contains fixes for the following product families, with details in the corresponding Metalink Notes:
- Applications Technology (ATG_PF): Note 466974.1
- Business Intelligence (BIS_PF): Note 466634.1
- Customer Relationship Management (CC_PF): Note 467651.1
- Financials (FIN_PF): Note 469308.1
- Human Resources (FR_PF): Note 466091.1
- Support Diagnostic Tools (IZU): Note 403468.1
- Procurement (PRC_PF): Note 469316.1
- Projects (PJ_PF): Note 464581.1
- Supply Chain Management (SCM_PF): Note 469261.1
- Supply Chain Planning (SCP_PF): Note 469281.1
Just like the previous Apps 12.0.1 Release Update Pack, Apps 12.0.2 Release Update Pack, and Apps 12.0.3 Release Update Pack, there's a gem buried in all of this: the Apps 12.0.4 Release Update Patch includes all of the security fixes released in the January 2008 Critical Update Patch (CPUJan2008).
Upgrading the Whole Thing or Just Specific Parts?
If you're looking for the latest new functionality, fixes, and updates for all Release 12 functional applications and the E-Business Suite's technology stack, apply the Apps 12.0.4 Release Update Pack.
You can also update specific Apps functional applications (such as Financials, Supply Chain Planning, or Human Resources). See the Metalink Notes for each of the individual products listed above.
If you're just interested in getting the latest Apps technology stack updates and don't wish to update your functional applications, you can apply just the Oracle Applications Technology Software Update 12.0.4 (Patch 6272680), also known as R12.ATG_PF.A.DELTA.4.
I'll highlight details about new Applications Technology Stack features and updates in Apps 12.0.4 in an upcoming article tomorrow.
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.0.4 Release Update Pack Readme (Note 465776.1)
- Apps Release 12.0.3 Release Update Pack Now Available