Apps Release 12.0.3 Release Update Pack Now Available
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Oct 16, 2007
The third major update for Apps Release 12 is now available for download from Metalink:
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.0.3 Release Update Pack (Patch 6141000)
A RUP by Any Other Name...
To revisit oft-confused terminology once again: In Release 11i, we have these things called Rollup Patches, which inexplicably became known as "RUPs." Release 11i Rollup Patches contain patches for a single product family (e.g. ATG Family Pack H Rollup 4).
In Release 12, we're now shipping these things called Release Update Packs. Given the way that neologisms form, it's inevitable that these
will be called "RUPs" too. The difference is that the R12 Release Update Packs combine patches created across several E-Business Suite product families.
If you're paying attention, it should be dawning on you about now that "Release Update Packs" in Release 12 are the equivalent of
"Consolidated Updates" in Release 11i. These are big, important patches.
What's New in Release Update Pack 3?
Regardless of what it's called, the third Release Update Pack for Release 12 contains fixes for the following areas, with details in the listed
- Applications DBA (AD): Note 454385.1
- Applications Technology (ATG_PF): Note 454378.1
- Business Intelligence (BIS_PF): Note 454406.1
- Customer Relationship Management (CC_PF): Note 454426.1
- Financials (FIN_PF): Note 452639.1
- Human Resources (FR_PF): Note 452716.1
- Procurement (PRC_PF): Note 452640.1
- Projects (PJ_PF): Note 444253.1
- Supply Chain Management (SCM_PF): Note 454382.1
- Supply Chain Planning (SCP_PF): Note 454384.1
Just like the previous Apps 12.0.1 Release Update Pack and Apps 12.0.2 Release Update Pack, there's a gem buried in all of this: the Apps 12.0.3 Release Update Patch includes all of the security fixes released in the October 2007 Critical Update Patch (CPUOct2007).
Upgrading the Whole Thing or Just Specific Parts?
If you're looking for the latest new functionality, fixes, and updates for all Release 12 functional applications and the E-Business Suite's technology stack, apply the Apps 12.0.3 Release Update Pack.
You can also update specific Apps functional applications (such as Financials, Supply Chain, or Human Resources). See the Metalink Notes
for each of the individual products listed above.
If you're just interested in getting the latest Apps technology stack updates and don't wish to update your functional applications, you can apply just
the Oracle Applications Technology Software Update 12.0.3 (Patch 6077669), also known as R12.ATG_PF.A.DELTA.3.
More details about new Applications Technology Stack features and updates can be found in this article.
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.0.3 Release Update Pack Readme (Note 445192.1)
- New Rapid Install StartCD for Release 12
- Apps Technology 12.0.3 Update Now Available