Reminder: Important Upcoming E-Business Suite Release 12 Support Milestones
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Jul 05, 2011
This is a reminder that Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 will transition from Premier Support to Extended Support on February 1, 2012. After that date, new EBS 12.0 patches will be created and tested against the minimum patching baseline documented here:
- E-Business Suite Error Correction Support Policy (Note 1195034.1)
All EBS 12.0 customers must apply the minimum patches listed in that document to be eligible for Extended Support. Those patches include the EBS 12.0.6 Release Update Pack, technology stack infrastructure updates, and updates for EBS products if they're shared or fully-installed.
If you haven't applied any of those updates yet, the simplest solution would be to apply the suite-wide EBS 12.1.3 Release Update Pack. That way, you bypass the 12.0 minimum patching requirements and immediately comply with the EBS 12.1 minimum requirements simultaneously.
Don't Forget EBS Release 12.1 Support Milestones
If you're already on EBS 12.1, you don't need to worry about the 12.0 minimum baselines described above. However, the same note describes the 12.1 minimum prerequisites:
- By July 1, 2011: You must apply the Applications Technology Release Update Pack (RUP) 12.1.2 (R12.ATG_PF.B.Delta.2, Note 845809.1)
- By Feb. 1, 2012: You must apply the Applications Technology Release Update Pack (RUP) 12.1.3 (R12.ATG_PF.B.Delta.3, Note 1066312.1)
- By Feb. 1, 2013: You must apply the suite-wide E-Business Suite 12.1.3 Release Update Pack
- EBS 12.0 Minimum Requirements for Extended Support Finalized
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 Now Available
- E-Business Suite Release 12.1.2 Now Available
- Understanding EBS Support Windows, Redux
- Reminder: Minimum Patching Baselines for E-Business Suite 11i Extended Support