Changing Application Tier Platforms for E-Business Suite Release 12
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Apr 03, 2008
Here's another significant piece of news: it's now possible to migrate your E-Business Suite Release 12 application tier servers from one operating system platform to another. We're pleased to announce the availability of our new Oracle Applications Platform Migration Methodology for E-Business Suite Release 12.
This process provides a way to quickly and easily move an existing Oracle E-Business Suite middle tier (applications tier) system to a different platform. The migration utility retains the exact E-Business Suite patch level; no APPL_TOP or Database synchronization is necessary. This allows you to retain existing customizations.
- This migration methodology requires E-Business Suite 12.0.4 or higher
- This methodology applies to the Application Tier (middle tier) only. The database tier is not covered by this process.
- Migration to Windows-based target servers is not supported at this time
- Linux x86-32 (32-bit)
- Linux x86-64 (64-bit)
- HP-UX Itanium
- HP-UX PA-RISC
- IBM AIX
- Sun SPARC Solaris
- Platform Migration with Oracle Applications Release 12 (OracleMetalink Note 438086.1)
- Export/Import Process for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 Database Instances Using Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (Metalink Note 454616.1)