Two Essential New Patches for EBS Release 12.2 AD & TXK Tools
By Robert Farrington-Oracle on May 23, 2014
We continue to release updates to EBS 12.2 technology stack (TXK) and Applications Database (AD) patching tools based upon customer feedback. We released the first important set of updates in March and have just released another set of critical updates today.
If you are on Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2, we strongly recommend that you apply two newly-released patches at your earliest convenience:
- Consolidated Fixes for R12.AD.C.DELTA.4 (Patch 18491990:R12.AD.C)
- Consolidated Fixes for R12.TXK.C.DELTA.4 (Patch 18497540:R12.TXK.C)
Applying these on top of AD Delta 4 and TXK Delta 4 will bring you to the recommended codelevel for AD and TXK:
- AD Delta 4 (Patch 17766337) + Consolidated Fixes (Patch 18491990)
- TXK Delta 4 (Patch 17893964) + Consolidated Fixes (Patch 18497540)
Important: You must always keep your AD and TXK codelevels synchronized.
What Is a Codelevel?
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 patches are grouped into codelines. A codeline begins with a point release (for example, Release 12.0) and progresses to include all the patches created to maintain that point release.
Patches associated with codelines implement a set of features for a point release, and also provide fixes for that set of features. Such a unique set of product features for a point release is referred to as a a codelevel. You can think of it as the code you get when you apply a set of patches: in other words, it is defined by the patches that deliver it. Codelevels are cumulative, with each containing the initial set of features plus all the fixes created for that product.
Benefits of the Latest Codelevel
There are several important reasons you should adopt this latest recommended AD/TXK codelevel:
- It includes a large number of fixes and improvements.
- It includes new logic to detect a variety of configuration issues that might otherwise go unnoticed.
- New patches to implement code fixes will only be appliable to the latest AD/TXK codelevel.
- No code fixes will be created for earlier AD/TXK codelevels.
How Can I Get To the Latest Codelevel?
Installation instructions are here:
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Now Available - Essential Consolidated Rollup Patches for TXK Delta 4 and AD Delta 4 (Note 1674784.1)