We have been fine-tuning the administration tools for E-Business Suite 12.2 via a series of regular updates to the Applications DBA (AD) and EBS Technology Stack (TXK) components:
We have now made available a seventh set of critical updates to AD and TXK. If you are on Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2, we strongly recommend that you apply both of these two newly-released patch collections at your earliest convenience:
They can be downloaded in the usual way, as shown by this example for AD:
Refer to the following My Oracle Support knowledge document for full installation instructions and associated tasks:
Why should I apply these updates?
These updates provide the latest codelevels for AD-TXK. A codelevel is a collection of patches that implements and provides fixes for a set of features associated with a point release of an EBS product. Codelevels are cumulative, with each subsequent one including the features and fixes in each of its predecessors. There are several important reasons you should adopt this latest AD-TXK codelevel:
- It includes a number of significant fixes and improvements.
- New patches to implement code fixes can only be applied to the latest AD-TXK codelevel.
- No new code fixes are created for earlier AD-TXK codelevels.
Note that it is essential to keep your AD and TXK codelevels synchronized: that is, you must apply both AD.C.Delta.7 and TXK.C.Delta.7, rather than just one of them.
What's new in these updates?
- New adop monitoring tool
- New adop 'validate' option
- Support for new Middle Tier EBS Technology Checker (MT-ETCC)
- Support for new EBS Installation Central Inventory
- Automation for changing Oracle WebLogic Server administration user password
- Oracle WebLogic Server performance enhancements
- New 'dualfs' option in standard cloning
What's changed in these updates?
- Enhanced adop console messages and prompts
- Simplified procedure for changing WLS Data Source
- Improved 'Delete Node' and 'Delete Managed Server' APIs
- Mandatory definitions of several context variables
- Various fixes for Oracle Database 12c
- Automatic execution of ETCC on database tier after cloning
- Various adop enhancements and fixes
Further information about these updates can be found here: