We certify over 150 new combinations and versions
What's in the latest roadmap?
of Oracle products with the E-Business Suite a year -- and that's before
you factor in our forty or so platform-based combinations. We also
update our certification plans and roadmap as new third-party products
like Microsoft Office 2010 and Firefox are announced or released.
Complicating matters further, various Oracle products leave Premier
Support or are superceded by more-recent versions.
state of change means that any static representation of our roadmap is
really a snapshot in time, and a snapshot that might begin to yellow
and fade fairly quickly. With that caveat in mind, here's this month's
snapshot (which has some updates following my OAUG/Collaborate presentation in April 2011):
How should I use this roadmap?
- Comparisons of support categories (Premier, Extended, Sustaining)
- Summaries of the latest database, Fusion Middleware, and E-Business Suite Lifetime Support Policies
- Desktop Client certifications (browsers, JREs, operating systems)
- Database Tier certifications
- Application Server Tier certifications
- External Integrations certifications
- Security-Related certifications
- "Other Cool Stuff" -- virtualization, clouds
- Check the support status of your currently deployed techstack component versions
- Plan your upgrades to the next certified level
a business case for switching from older technology to the latest
technology (e.g. switching from Discoverer to Oracle Business
Intelligence Enterprise Edition+)
- Seek clarification on open questions