WebCast Replay Available: Deploying Oracle VM Templates for E-Business Suite and PeopleSoft
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Jun 02, 2011
Oracle VM is server virtualization software that fully supports both Oracle and non-Oracle applications. Oracle VM templates can reduce installation and configuration costs by providing preinstalled and preconfigured software images.
Adam Hawley from our Oracle VM team, Ivo Dujmovic from our Applications Technology Group, and Greg Kelly from our PeopleSoft team recently recorded the following webcast:
- Deploying Oracle VM Templates for Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise Applications
If you missed the original webcast, a recorded replay is available. After you register via the link above, the replay -- complete with audio and slides -- will begin.
The webcast covers a lot of ground, starting with a general Oracle VM discussion and then drilling down into deeper coverage for the E-Business Suite and PeopleSoft. In the E-Business Suite part of the webcast, Ivo outlines:
- How Oracle VM works with the E-Business Suite
- Operational and technical benefits of using Oracle VM with EBS
- Supported releases and configurations, including live migration and sparse templates
- Customer case studies
- Performance implications of Oracle VM-based EBS environments
Your Feedback is Welcome
We're extremely interested in hearing about your use cases and your experiences with our new templates and virtualization kit. Tell us what you think via our new OVM Templates discussion forum.
E-Business Suite Resources
- Oracle VM Templates for E-Business Suite
- Oracle VM Templates for E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1: Deployment Guide (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- EBS OVM Templates Discussion Forum
- E-Business Suite 12.1.3 Templates for Oracle VM Now Available
- Part 1: E-Business Suite 12.1.1 Templates for Oracle VM Now Available
- Part 2: Using Oracle VM with Oracle E-Business Suite Virtualization Kit
- Part 3: On Clouds and Virtualization in EBS Environments (OpenWorld 2009 Recap)
- Part 4: Deploying E-Business Suite on Amazon Web Services Elastic Compute Cloud
- Part 5: Live Migration of EBS Services Using Oracle VM