Microsoft Office 2016 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.1.3
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Nov 13, 2015
[Dec. 1, 2015 Update: Added 64-bit certification]
We are pleased to announce that Microsoft Office 2016 is certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3. For details, see:
This certification covers Office running in 32-bit and 64-bit mode.
Microsoft Office 2016 desktop version is certified for
integration with Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 12.1.3 for the following
desktop client operating systems:
- Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit & 64-bit
How does the E-Business Suite work with Microsoft Office?
Oracle E-Business Suite is comprised of several product families such
as Financials, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, and so on.
These product families group together collections of individual
products. Some of these products may be optionally integrated with one
or more Microsoft Office components such as Excel, Word, and Projects.
Individual E-Business Suite product teams have the option of building integrations between their products and one or more Microsoft Office components. This is not mandatory. Over forty E-Business Suite teams offer these kinds of Office integrations today.
Examples of these integrations include:
- HRMS Payroll integrations with Microsoft Excel
- Supply Chain Management Contracts Core integration with Microsoft Word
- Financials General Ledger (GL) integration with Microsoft Excel
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Proposals integration with Microsoft Word
- Web Application Desktop Integrator (Web ADI)
- Desktop Integration Framework
We explicitly tested the Office 2016 Professional edition with Oracle E-Business Suite. We expect that the results of these certification tests apply equally to other desktop-installed editions.
Support implications: We will attempt to reproduce issues reported on other editions on our reference edition -- Office 2016 Professional. Issues that cannot be reproduced will be handled on a case-by-case basis. For example, issues that can only be reproduced on, say, Office Home & Student 2016 but cannot be reproduced on Office Professional 2016 will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
The following certifications for Office 2016 are currently underway:
- Office 2016 (32-bit and 64-bit) with EBS 12.2
Oracle's Revenue Recognition rules prohibit us from discussing certification and release dates, but you're welcome to monitor or subscribe to this blog.
about OpenOffice, StarOffice, LibreOffice?
We have no plans to certify the E-Business Suite with versions of OpenOffice, StarOffice, LibreOffice, or other equivalents.
- Confused About E-Business Server vs. Desktop Operating System Certifications?
- Microsoft Office 2013 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.0.6
- Microsoft Office 2013 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.1.3
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decision. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle.