E-Business Suite Plug-in 184.108.40.206 for Enterprise Manager 12c Now Available
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Jul 24, 2014
Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 220.127.116.11.0 is now available for use with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c. Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 18.104.22.168 is part of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12 Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite.
This latest plug-in extends EM 12c Cloud Control with E-Business Suite specific system management capabilities and features enhanced change management support.
The Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite includes:
- Functionality that was available in the previously-standalone Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite and Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Real User Experience Insight
- Oracle Configuration & Compliance capabilities
A license for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control is required to use this product. There is an additional licensing cost for the Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite. A license for the Application Management Suite includes licenses for the E-Business Suite Plug-in, Oracle Real User Experience Insight, and Oracle Configuration & Compliance products.
This is a Development blog, and we don't have the background to discuss licensing in more detail. We'd recommend contacting your Oracle account manager for more information about licenses.
Updates to product bundling
Features that were previously available in the standalone management packs are now packaged in the Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in, which is certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control:
- Functionality previously available for Application Management Pack (AMP) is now classified as “System Management for Oracle E-Business Suite” within the plug-in.
- Functionality previously available for Application Change Management Pack (ACMP) is now classified as “Change Management for Oracle E-Business Suite” within the plug-in.
The Application Configuration Console and the Configuration Change Console are now native components of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
New enhancements in this release
- Privilege Propagation Using Administration Groups: Privilege propagating groups enable administrators to extend privileges to members of a group. For example, if new targets are later added to the privilege propagating group, then the administrators receive the privileges on the target automatically. Additionally, when a new administrator is hired, you only need to grant the role to the administrator for the administrator to receive all the privileges on the targets automatically.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Region in Exalogic Dashboard: An Oracle E-Business Suite summary region is included on the Exalogic Dashboard.
- Configuration Comparison Templates: Configuration comparison templates allow customers to compare Oracle E-Business Suite technology configurations of two or more Oracle E-Business Suite environments.
- Certified Monitoring Templates: Out-of-the-box monitoring templates allow you to standardize monitoring settings across Oracle E-Business Suite environments by allowing you to specify metric thresholds to monitor E-Business Suite services, components and technology stacks.
- Performance Monitoring: Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 customers can diagnose performance issues by using Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Diagnostic integration. Customers can monitor live and historical transactions and drill down from end user activities through all layers of technology, including Real User Experience Insight (RUEI), WebLogic Suite (WLS) and database.
- Integration with Service Test Infrastructure: Administrators can define service tests and beacons using Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS) to determine the availability of Oracle E-Business Suite services. Pre-seeded service tests can be used to ensure that Oracle E-Business Suite services are available for users.
- Extended Target Modeling: Administrators can now easily add Fusion Middleware components that are externally-integrated with Oracle E-Business Suite to the availability definition.
- Blacking Out Patch Edition in Oracle E-Business Suite12.2: Patch edition targets are automatically blacked out in Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 to prevent false incidents.
- Out-of-the-box Oracle E-Business Suite Compliance Standards: In addition to the seeded security compliance standards delivered in the previous release, we have added new compliance standards that check for mandatory database configuration parameters (init.ora) for Oracle E-Business Suite.
- User Defined Customization Standards: Customers now have the ability to define their own standards to validate customizations and create packages according.
- Patch Promotion Policy: Patch Manager now allows customers to create patch promotion policies for applying patches onto pre-production systems before applying them to production systems
- Cloning support for Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2: Multi-node cloning, scale-up or scale-down cloning, and shared file system cloning is supported for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.
Quick Provisioning of E-Business Suite
- Oracle E-Business Suite Assemblies: Customers can now provision Oracle E-Business Suite Instances quickly using Oracle Virtual Assemblies delivered for EBS 12.1.3 and EBS 12.2.
Installation & Upgrades
- Customers currently running on Enterprise Manager 12c, can use Self Update to download and install AMP 22.214.171.124.0.
- All others can download it here: Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 4 (126.96.36.199.0)
- One or more of the following Oracle E-Business Suite Releases
- Release 12.2.3 or 12.2.2
- Release 12.1 with R12.ATG_PF.B.delta.3
- Release 12.0.4 with R12.ATG_PF.A.delta.6
- Release 11.5.10 CU2 with 11i.ATG_PF.H.RUP6 or higher
- Getting Started with Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite (AMP), Release 188.8.131.52.0 (Doc ID 1623105.1)
- Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Guide, Release 184.108.40.206.0, Part No. E51704-01, July 2014
- Application Management Suite: Quick Provisioning of Oracle E-Business Suite Using Virtual Assemblies (Doc ID 1904928.1)
- E-Business Suite Plug-in 220.127.116.11 for Enterprise Manager 12c Now Available
- Application Management Pack 18.104.22.168 Certified with EM 12cR4
- E-Business Suite Plug-in 22.214.171.124 for Enterprise Manager 12c Now Available