The Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2's Rapid Install delivers three Fusion Middleware (FMW) components:
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.6 (this is the "$FMW_HOME")
- Oracle WebTier Utilities 220.127.116.11
- Oracle Common Home (Part of Oracle WebTier Utilities 18.104.22.168)
The fifth-level digit in the Oracle Web Tier Utilities version is not relevant to E-Business Suite certifications. In other words, you can apply any Oracle Web Tier Utilities patchsets that have been certified at the fourth-level digit.
For example, we have certified EBS 12.2 with Web Tier Utilities 22.214.171.124. All of the following Web Tier Utilities patchsets will work with EBS 12.2:
- Oracle Web Tier Utilities 126.96.36.199.0 (documented certification)
- Oracle Web Tier Utilities 188.8.131.52.161225 (Fictitious future Bundle Patch for example purposes only-- this has not been released
This is sometimes shown in our documentation in either of the following ways:
- Oracle Web Tier Utilities 184.108.40.206
- Oracle Web Tier Utilities 220.127.116.11.x
The absence of a fifth-digit or the presence of an 'X' in the fifth digit's place means any fifth-digit level updates may be applied to an EBS 12.2 environment without requiring a new certification. This applies to all environments, including test and production environments.
What is NOT certified
The Oracle Web Tier Downloads page has several listings for other things, including:
- Oracle Web Tier 12cR2
- Oracle HTTP Server 18.104.22.168
- Oracle HTTP Server 22.214.171.124
- Oracle HTTP Server 12.2.1
These have not been certified with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2. You should not apply these to your EBS 12.2 environment.