Guest Author: Max Arderius
Oracle E-Business Suite Development is pleased to announce significant updates for Oracle E-Business Suite smartphone apps for deployment and security, as well as functional enhancements.
Updates to Oracle E-Business Suite mobile apps are delivered as part coordinated releases which supports both Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 and 12.2.3 and beyond. Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Release 4.0 is included in Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.5, the latest full Oracle E-Business Suite release.
You can easily find these apps by searching 'Oracle EBS America' in Apple's App Store and the Google Play Store.
For more details on these updates for each app, refer to the Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Apps Release Notes available from MOS Doc ID 1641772.1.
The technology updates include:
- Enterprise distribution support: Ability to distribute Oracle E-Business Suite mobile apps through an enterprise site rather than a public app store and control the version available to users
- To get the mobile archive files, download the patches using the instructions in the Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Apps Administrator's Guide - 12.1 and 12.2 (Part No. E64384-02)
- Customization support for corporate branding: Support to customize branding, including:
- App Logo
- App Name
- Splash Screen
- End User License Agreement (EULA)
- Company Logo
- Copyright Information
- Delivery of Mobile Application Archives (MAA) files: Delivery of Mobile Application Archives (MAA) files to support enterprise distribution and customization
- MAA is an application archive that allows developers to use Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF) to customize the app and generate the enterprise version of the app to meet customer needs
- Only specific changes to MAA files are supported by Oracle
- Updates from Oracle are delivered as new MAA files, which customers would need to use and reapply any modifications
- Specific type of changes may require license for MAF
- Enhanced authentication to delegate authentication to Oracle Access Manager (OAM): Support for Web SSO authentication to delegate authentication to Oracle Access Manager (OAM)
- This delivers to the strategy for Oracle E-Business Suite mobile apps to use the same user authentication as used by Oracle E-Business Suite web applications
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS) support for containerization and single sign-on: Ability to containerize Oracle E-Business Suite mobile apps using Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS)
- OMSS provides capabilities such as security for apps and data, separation of corporate data from personal data, encryption, data leak protection, application tunneling, and mobile single sign-on for several mobile apps on the same device.
- OMSS must be licensed separately
- Translations for 10 additional languages: Each app is now available in English as well as the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Canadian French
- Latin American Spanish
- Simplified Chinese
Configuring Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Apps
- An Oracle E-Business Suite server must be configured for mobile apps using server-side patches, before a mobile app can be used with that server instance. For each app, an administrator performs a simple, one-time enablement using server-side patches. For deployment instructions, see the Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Apps Administrator's Guide - 12.1 and 12.2 (Part No. E64384-02)
- The latest apps can work with an Oracle E-Business Suite server that has been configured with Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Release 3.0 server patches. However, the Release 4.0 server-side patches must be applied to enable new features and fixes that require those patches; such features are listed in theWhat's New for each app on the app stores and in the Release Notes in the Doc ID 1641772.1.