[May 14, 2007 Update: IE 7 is now certified for Release 11.5.9 environments, too. For details, see: IE7 Now Certified on Apps 11.5.9]
[May 11, 2007 Update: Bug 5608740 has been resolved. Discoverer 10g users can now safely upgrade to IE7 without any drill-down issues.]
Terrific news: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is now certified with the E-Business Suite Release 11i.
Minimum requirements for this certified configuration are:
- E-Business Suite Release 11i version 11.5.10
- Oracle Developer 6i patchset 18 (18.104.22.168.x) or later
- Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H Rollup 4 (RUP 4) (patch 4676589)
- JInitiator 1.3.1.x
- Desktop clients running Microsoft Windows XP
There are a couple of things to note about this certification:
- Tabbed Browsing: MS IE 7.0 provides a tabbed browsing facility. When using Oracle E-Business Suite, the Forms window will still open in a separate frame rather than in a new tab. This is intended functionality and is not a bug.
- Discoverer 10G: Discoverer Viewer users should not upgrade to MS IE 7.0 until the resolution of bug 5608740. This bug prevents the listing of drill items under the drill icon.
For complete details about this configuration, see:Related