[Nov. 22, 2010 Update: Office 2010 (32-Bit) is now certified with the E-Business Suite; see this article for details]
Oracle Web Application Desktop Integrator (Web ADI) is Oracle E-Business Suite's solution for integrating E-Business Suite applications with desktop applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Projects. "Integrators" encapsulate the metadata and other information needed to integrate a particular Oracle E-Business Suite task with a desktop application. I'm pleased to announce the availability of Oracle E-Business Suite Desktop Integration Framework (DIF), a design time framework that you can use to create custom integrators for Oracle Web ADI in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.2.
Several Oracle E-Business Suite applications provide seeded integrators out-of-the-box. You can now use the Desktop Integration Framework to define custom integrators for tasks of your own.
Oracle E-Business Suite Desktop Integration Framework provides a graphical user interface which you can use to define integrators and associated supporting objects. You can reduce development time by using the GUI instead of working directly with the underlying Oracle Web ADI tables and APIs. This user interface makes it easier to maintain your integrators, too. The Desktop Integration Framework supports native Oracle Application Framework (OAF) UI widgets like Flex-fields, List Of Values, Pop-lists and Date pickers.
The Desktop Integration Framework allows you to:
- Create Integrators using a wizard-based user interface
- Define Integrators to upload data through PL/SQL APIs or directly to tables
- Define Integrators to download data from text files or using SQL Queries
- Define data validation rules
- Embed UI widgets (List of values, Pop lists, Date pickers, Flexfields) in spreadsheets
- Use the Oracle E-Business Suite Security Model
- Define layouts and mappings for custom integrators
Your feedback is welcome
We are very interested in hearing about your experiences with this new tool. Please post your comments here or drop me an email at