Virtual Datacenter Cloud Framework (VDCF) is a platform management framework for the Solaris Operating System. VDCF allows to deploy, operate, migrate, secure and monitor a virtualised data center based on Solaris 10 and 11 Zones (Containers) and/or Logical Domains controlled by a centralised management server.
New major functionality in the 7.0 release:
- Support for Fujitsu SPARC M12 Server
- Support for Oracle VM for SPARC / LDom 3.5
- Integration of Solaris 11.3 Security Compliance Assessment and Reporting
- Support for Solaris 11 Hardening
- New VDCF Web Dashboard
- MPxIO Disk Path Monitoring
- Network Routes Configuration and Verification
- Support for Log Disks in ZPOOL Datasets
In addition several small enhancements and bug fixes.
Please consult the attached Release Notes and the updated VDCF Admin Guides for details: