U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released a new Form I-9 in August, with employers being required to use the new version on or before October 31, 2023. The new form is scheduled to expire July 31, 2026.
The updated version of Form I-9 includes the following changes:
- Reduces Sections 1 and 2 to a single page, down from two pages.
- Moves the Section 1 Preparer and/or Translator Certification area to a separate, standalone supplement that employers can provide to employees when necessary.
- Moves Section 3, Reverification and Rehire, to a standalone supplement that employers can print out when necessary.
- Revises the Lists of Acceptable Documents page to include some acceptable receipts, as well as guidance and links to information on automatic extensions of employment authorization documentation.
- Reduces the form's instructions from 15 pages to eight pages.
- Includes a checkbox allowing employers to indicate they examined Form I-9 documentation remotely under a newly authorized virtual procedure rather than via physical examination.
Oracle/PeopleSoft posted the new Form I-9 on October 10, 2023. To access the special posting, please click on the link to download the update.
Oracle has published the position statement on the 2023 updates to the Form I-9 which can be found on My Oracle Support, DOC ID 2979729.1 . We advise our customers to review the position statement to keep up to date.
Product Management Director