By shupadhy-Oracle on Oct 12, 2015
This year at OOW in couple of weeks, as always there will be too many sessions to choose from. Here are some pointers in the middleware space for ISV partners.
Cloud Application Foundation
• WebLogic Server - Hear about 12cR2 coming in CY15 with full Java EE 7 and Java SE 8 support along with automated elasticity (schedule, capacity, or demand based rules), multi-tenancy and an enhanced Continuous Availability option. Also hear about WebLogic support for Docker and other DevOps technologies.
• Java Cloud Service – Hear about recent Updates - Add more compute/storage to existing managed servers, start & stop at VM level to impact hourly billing. Upcoming Quarterly Releases – DB RAC Integration, Clone Instance, Application Lift & Shift Tooling, DR within and across data centers, Service & Env Templates, Multitenancy, Automated elasticity.
• Application Container Cloud Service – Move towards supporting other languages/frameworks (besides JEE) on Oracle Cloud starting with Java SE & Node Cloud Services. Differentiation - Scale In/Out & Up/Down, Integrated (with DBCS, JCS, DCS), Load balanced. Other language support planned, as well as, bring your own Docker image.
• ExaLogic – Expected 12c release will enable customers to get Oracle Cloud On-Premise. First release will support Oracle Compute, Java, Integration Cloud Services with Enterprise Manager single pane management for Hardware, IaaS, PaaS.
Mobility, IoT & Development Tools
• Mobile Application Framework – Recent MAF 2.1.3 release had extensive security update. Upcoming releases will have ~25-30% faster page rendering, declarative offline support, Windows 10 & iOS9 support, integrated MCS Diagnostics/Analytics
• IoT Cloud Service – Functionality to connect, analyze and integrate devices. Initial focus on Monitoring & Maintenance in Manufacturing and Logistics Asset Tracking.
• Development Tools – A new modular, enterprise ready toolkit for HTML5/JS/REST development called JET.
Service & Data Integration
• iPaaS – Integration Cloud Service upcoming releases features – Content based routing, On-premise agent and EBS/SAP/DB adapters, scheduling support. SOA Suite Cloud Service initial release available with SOA (BPEL, Rules), Service Bus, SOA+Service Bus, API Manager domains.
• API Management – APIs power modern digital economy and startups in this space are getting heavy funding. Oracle’s API Management Platform (API Catalog, API Manager, API Gateway) is robust in terms of current features (developer experience, analytics, security) and roadmap.
• Stream Analytics – Stream Explorer product brings real time analysis to Big Data and IoT projects with a business friendly UI on top of a robust Oracle Event Processing runtime.
• Data Integration – Heavy focus on Big Data with enhanced Knowledge modules for Big Data in ODI, Golden Gate for Big Data to stream transactional data into Big Data systems and upcoming Big Data Preparation Cloud Service.