SailFin supports call
flow monitoring which is a feature inherited from GlassFish.
This feature can be used to debug the request call flow in the
application server. In case of SailFin, you will now be able to see
how much time a SIP request spends in the SIP container.
Here, I shall demonstrate how to use this feature.
To start with, you will need to enable call flow on a running
1. Start the DAS
2. Login to administration console (point your browser to
3. In the Common Tasks page, click on 'View Monitoring Data'
4. Then click on 'Call Flow' tab
5. Click on 'Enabled', then 'Save'
You will now see a message like the following in server.log:
I'll use the 'subscribe' test from the quicklook tests of the
SailFin tests suite. To set up the test environment, do the
1. Checkout sailfin-tests
cvs up -d sailfin-tests
2. Edit proxy host/port in config-dev.properties Set environment
variables, SF_HOME, ANT_HOME and PATH. Invoke ant
3. cd quicklook/publish
4. Run the test
Now, go back to admin console and click on 'Refresh' to view the
call flow data. Here is a sample screenshot.