Baked Chicken with Tomato and Olives
By yakshaving on Feb 22, 2008
I slacked off and used canned tomato, it is easier. The original recipe calls for capers but we are out.
The chicken is baked from frozen from the costco bag-o-chicken.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 tbps chopped garlic
- ~20 small Spanish pimento olives (didn't weigh them), diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans diced tomato, drained
Chicken (from frozen):
- Heat oven to 350 deg
- Place chicken in baking dish, brush lightly with olive oil (or spray with cooking spray)
- Bake ~25 min
- Top with tomato olive mixture, bake additional 10min
Tomato, Olive topping (Start while heating oven):
- Heat the oil, lightly brown the garlic. Take a moment to appreciate the smell of cooking garlic
- Add the onion cook until slightly translucent
- Turn up the heat to medium and add olives, heat until hot, stir a bit
- Add tomato, simmer for ~10 min
- With ~10min left on the chicken, top with tomato mixture
Enjoy with a salad and possibly a carb, Basic recipe from "How to Cook Anything"
This is a picture of me taking a picture of dinner (or really the food I pre-cooked for dinner some time next week).
Using a Joby Gorillapod SLR-ZOOM, Nikon D1x, Nikon 17-35/2.8 AF-S and MC30 cable release. The Joby has a little bit of vibration when I let go of the D1x so I wait for a moment and fire with the cable release