NetBeans Module Development Environment U1 released
By xzajo on Apr 06, 2006
Good news for everyone who develops plugin and applications for NetBeans. Module Development Environment 5.0 Update 1 is available on stable update center. The most important new features and changes are listed bellow:
- New Sample App. There is a new application sample (Paint App). It would be made available as a new project template and a tutorial in Update 1.
- Target JDK for building NBM project. The 5.0 support always used the JDK version that IDE was run on for for building NBM projects. There was a frequently repeated requirement to allow the user to select the target JDK. This is now supported in Update 1.
- Allow NBM Project Rename/Move/Copy/Delete. None of these actions was supported in NB 5.0. Providing them in Update 1 makes NBM projects more consistent with other project types supported by the IDE. Copy for Module Suite Project has not been implemented yet.
- Libraries node for NBM project. Again, this is being added to make NBM projects consistent with other project types.
- New File Templates
The change log is available here
- Java Help. Creates all files needed for building a JavaHelp help set.
- Module Installer. Creates an installer class for a module.
- Update Center. Links to a published update center descriptor.
- Option Panel. Adds to the Options dialog.
- Create NBMs action for module suites. It's now possible to generate .nbm files for all module projects in a suite. In addition, an updates.xml file is created to allow for easy setup of a custom update center.
I have a tip. Options Panel Wizard and Matisse Form Editor is good combination:
For Example it can look in Options dialog like this :