Emma Code Coverage for NetBeans 5.0 plugins
By xzajo on Mar 24, 2006
EMMA is an open-source toolkit for measuring and reporting Java code coverage. Netbeans Project Extensions Project allows to create pluggable extensions for NetBeans projects. One of first extensions is support for code coverage of test's run in NetBeans 5.0.
- Download sf-netbeans-nbxdoclet-update-05.nbm NetBeans plugin. Install it. The plugin contains url to nbxdoclet update center.
- Open update center and install Experimental Teplates plugin with its dependencies.
How to use Emma code coverage
- Show project extension window from Window|Project Extension main menu.
- Select your developed module.
- Select Project Extensions Window.
- Perform Add Project Extension from popup of Project Extensions Window. Dialog with available project extensions is shown.
- Select Emma Code Coverage item from list and click to Ok button. The Emma Code Coverage Project Extension is added to selected project. It is visible in Project Extensions Window
- Select Emma Code Coverage node in Project Extensions Window and perform Run Code Coverage action from popup dialog. The tests are run and the emma code coverage report is generated.
- if some tests were run you can show code coverage results by clicking to Show Results from popup of Emma Code Coverage node.