By Laura Hartman on Jul 21, 2008
If so, maybe you're looking for a new way to patch, provision, manage, and generally keep track of them. Sun xVM Ops Center might be able to help. What can you do on a zone within an xVM Ops Center managed system?
- Discover and register a zone
- Patch a zone
- Monitor a zone
- Reboot a zone
- Provision an operating system instance that includes zones
- Maintain a list of registered zones, by system
- Deploy files or packages on a zone, including scripts that change a zone's configuration parameters
- Generate patch reports, such as Host Compliance Patch reports
If you're among those that have wondered how you can Manage Solaris Containers With Sun xVM Ops Center 1.1, then this blueprint is for you.
It's a bit lonely now, but this is the first of a series of case studies and blueprints on which we're working. We've added a Blueprints and Case Studies category to our information site. Stay tuned, the next topic is non-root SSH operations with xVM Ops Center.
If you have questions about xVM Ops Center that are keeping you up late at night, let us know and we'll add them to the case study list.