By raghuraman on Jan 07, 2009
Sun xVM Ops Center exposes certain public APIs. These public APIs allow external systems management solutions to integrate with Sun xVM Ops Center. These public APIs are the ideal integration points for third-party software to control or to monitor the Sun xVM software. The public APIs are exposed as a series of MXBean interfaces. The main entry point to the public APIs is the MXBean interface defined in com.sun.xvm.services packages.
There are two ways of accessing public APIs:
- Public API Access Through JMX-Remoting
- Public API Access Through WS-Management
Some of the capabilities that are exposed by the public APIs are as follows:
- Discovering resources on the network
- Provisioning OS and firmware to servers
- Managing Sun xVM Servers
- Managing virtual pools
- Managing and migrating guests
- Managing networks
- Managing virtual image libraries
- Monitoring OS and servers
Sun xVM Ops Center comes with a software developer's kit (SDK). SDK contains the following:
- Complete documentation of public APIs in the form of javadoc. The javadoc also contains a mapping of WS-Management queries and responses required to interact with each of these APIs.
- Simple functional examples on how to access the public APIs. Java 6 is required to compile or use each of these examples.