By PradeepSharma-Oracle on Oct 26, 2015
We now have Oracle BI Publisher 12c (126.96.36.199.0) available. You will be able to get the download, documentation, release notes and certification information in BI Publisher OTN home page. The download is also available from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. This release is part of Fusion Middleware 12c release that includes
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c (188.8.131.52.0)
- Oracle Coherence 12c (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle TopLink 12c (220.127.116.11.0)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure 12c (18.104.22.168.0)
- Oracle HTTP Server 12c (22.214.171.124.0)
- Oracle Traffic Director 12c (126.96.36.199.0)
- Oracle SOA Suite and Business Process Management 12c (188.8.131.52.0)
- Oracle MapViewer 12c (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle B2B and Healthcare 12c (220.127.116.11.0)
- Oracle Service Bus 12c (18.104.22.168.0)
- Oracle Stream Explorer 12c (22.214.171.124.0)
- Oracle Managed File Transfer 12c (126.96.36.199.0)
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c (188.8.131.52.0)
- Oracle Enterprise Data Quality 12c (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle GoldenGate Monitor and Veridata 12c (220.127.116.11.0)
- Oracle JDeveloper 12c (18.104.22.168.0)
- Oracle Forms and Reports 12c (22.214.171.124.0)
- Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c (126.96.36.199.0)
- Oracle WebCenter Content 12c (188.8.131.52.0)
- Oracle WebCenter Sites 12c (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle Business Intelligence 12c (220.127.116.11.0)
For BI Publisher this is primarily an infrastructure upgrade release to integrate with WebLogic Server 12c, Enterprise Manager 12c, FMW infrastructure 12c. There are still some important enhancements and new features in this release:
- Scheduler Job Diagnostics: This feature is primarily to help with custom report designs and for production job analysis. A report author during design time can view SQL Explain Plan and data engine logs to diagnose report performance and other issues. This will also help in diagnostics of a job in production.
- Improved handling of large reports online: Large reports are always recommended to be run as scheduled job. However, there are scenarios where in a few reports vary in size from one user to another. For most end users the report may be just a few pages, but for few end users the same report may run into thousands of pages. Such reports are generally designed to be viewed online and sometimes such large reports end up causing stuck thread issue on Weblogic Server. This release enhances the user experience by providing the user an ability to cancel the processing of a large report. Also, the enhanced design will no longer cause any stuck thread issue.
- Schedule Job Output view control: Administrators can now hide the "make output public" option from the report job schedulers (Consumer Role) to prevent public sharing of report output.
The installation of BI Publisher will be a very different experience in this release. The entire installation effort has been divided into the following steps:
- Install Java Developers Kit 8 (JDK8)
- Run Infrastructure installer fmw_18.104.22.168.0_infrastructure.jar. This will install Web Logic Server 12c
- Launch installation by invoking executable
- Run Configuration Assistant
- Setting up Datasources
- Setting up Delivery Channels
- Updating Security - LDAP, SSO, roles, users, etc.
- Scaling out
Upgrade from the 11g environment to the 12c environment is an out-of-place migration, where you would basically migrate the Business Intelligence metadata and configuration from the Oracle 11g instance to the new 12c instance. For the migration procedure, see Migration Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence.
For rest of the details please refer to the documentation here. Happy exploring BI Publisher 12c !!