Tuesday Oct 23, 2007
Thursday May 04, 2006
By Tim Dexter-Oracle on May 04, 2006
Good question on the forum asking how to insert a db stored blob image in the report output? It can be done relatively easily the first task is to get the blob out into your XML datasource.
Extract your BLOB
The XMLP data engine now(5.6.2) supports the extraction of blob images directly into the XML. Its pulled out and stored in a base64 format there is no limit on the size of the BLOB ie you can get more than 64K of data out in the encoded format. There are other methods to get the data out but it must be base64 encoded.
Reference your BLOB
In the template you now need to reference the image data. We can use an XSLFO expression to reference the image:
Notice the template needs to know the mime type of the image, in this case "image/jpg" The IMAGE_ELEMENT contains the base64 encoded image data. Template and sample data here.
So at runtime the image is brought into the output, et voila!
Please note: In this release the BLOB support is limited to Oracle databases.
- Revisiting "Continued..."
- Up in the JCS Clouds !!
- Oracle BI Publisher 12c released !!
- PDF417 for E-Business Suite
- Orphan Table Rows ... ugh!
- Page Borders and Title Underlines
- WebCenter Content - A new Delivery Channel in 126.96.36.199.0 !!
- Oracle BI Publisher 188.8.131.52.0 is available !!!
- BIP scheduleReport with Parameters
- How do I ...
- APIs / Webservices
- Add category
- BI Publisher Enterprise
- BI Server
- Data Extraction
- Document Delivery
- Output Formats