Uninstalling Excel Analyzer
By Tim Dexter-Oracle on Mar 04, 2010
During upgrades you will need to uninstall Excel Analyzer, if you use it of course. I have hit a few issues getting my system cleaned out when uninstalling and trying to install the new version.
Junichi from the dev team has a useful crib sheet to ensure its cleaned out completely.
1. Uninstall Excel Analyzer from "Control Panel" -> "Add or Remove Programs"
2. Remove Excel Analyzer add-in
2.1 Excel 2003
2.1.1 Open a blank excel and go to "Tools" -> "Add-ins"
2.1.2 If you see "Xmlpreportaddin", click it to remove
2.2 Excel 2007
2.2.1 Click ms office button on the left upper in MS Excel
2.2.2 Click "Excel Options" -> "Add-ins
2.2.3 Select "Excel Add-ins" at the bottom then click go
2.2.4 If you see "Xmlpreportaddin", click it to remove
3. Open explorer and go to "C:\WINDOWS\assembly".
4. Check if the assemblies which start with "XDO" don't remain there.
5. Install Excel Analyzer again
Download a Excel file from BIP server and go to Login
If the OS is Vista, run ExcelAnalyzer.exe
6. Re-start your PC.