Template Builder Woes!
By Tim Dexter on Apr 30, 2009
If you have been suffering with Template Builder not installing correctly, or like me, you have installed and uninstalled so many different versions you might want to clean house. Once you have cleaned up things should go more smoothly.
Thanks to Junichi, who is the Template Builder lead developer, for these clean up steps.
1. Uninstall BIP desktop from control->Add or remove programs.
2. Open explorer and go to "C:\WINDOWS\assembly".
3. Check if there are assemblies which start with "TB" If present, remove them all.
4. Open the MS Word startup directory and check there are no files there. The directory is normally the following.
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name><Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
5. Open MS Word and check that you don't see the BIP tool bar.
-> If you see it, please move Normal.dot to another directory and try again.
6. Please check that the OS user you use has an administrator privilege on the PC, this is really important.
7. Please go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs and check if the followings have been installed.
Shared Add-in Extensibility Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (KB908002)
Shared Add-in Support Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (KB908002)
8. Install BIP Desktop again
Step 5 did it for me!
After following the 8 step plan, Im now clean and sober, sorry that's the other plan Im following. Should have said, your PC/laptop will be clean and fresh with a new working BIP install.