BI Publisher for PeopleSoft
By mdonohue on May 28, 2010
A very belated update from Collaborate
Back in April I attended Collaborate. I was very impressed by 2 presentations on Publisher for PeopleSoft given by some folks from Northrop Grumman. I had hoped to post these shortly after Collaborate but one thing or another seemed keep getting in the way. So, better late than never, I expect our PeopleSoft community finds these helpful.
Lori Haussermann gave a very good presentation "XML Publisher Tips for PeopleTools" that covers the basics:
- Installing the BI Publisher Template Builder Add-in for Word
- Creating a PSQuery data source
- Generating sample XML data
- Creating an RTF template
- Creating a PDF template
- Creating the report definition
- Uploading the template
- Running the report
Her presentation also includes a list of new features in 8.50
Randy Groncki presented "" and . This covers how to use PeopleCode and other tools within the Application Designer to create and deliver XML Publisher reports within the PeopleSoft application. Specifically:
- Different techniques to generate the source data file for the report
- How to use the delivered XML Publisher Application Packages to generate the report and combine multiple reports into a single result file if needed.
- How to present the report to the user including the Report Repository, popup window and emailing the report.
A Big Thanks to Lori and Randy for presenting these topics and allowing us to share them with the wider community.