Keeping Paragraphs Together
By Tim Dexter-Oracle on Oct 10, 2008
I have been trawling through our documentation lately. Looking for something else I came across something that I have been asked for lately. The need to keep paragraphs of text together!
This functionality was actually delivered back in 10.1.3.3.3, here is Leslie's prose ...
Support for "Keep Paragraph with the Next Paragraph"
The RTF standard includes a command that enables you to "keep a paragraph with the next paragraph." This command prevents a page break between the paragraph for which it is enabled and the following (or next) paragraph.
To enable "keep paragraph with the next paragraph" in Microsoft Word:
- Select the paragraphs you want to keep together on a page.
- From the Format menu, select Paragraph, and then click the Line and Page Breaks tab.
- Select the Keep with Next box.
Keep Paragraph Intact
The RTF standard includes a command that enables you to keep all the lines of a paragraph together ("keep paragraph intact") and prevent the paragraph from breaking across pages.
To enable "keep paragraph intact" in Microsoft Word:
- From the Format menu, select Paragraph, and then select the Line and Page Breaks tab.
- Deselect the Keep lines together check box.
So now you know ...