Who Are We?
By Jacek Ziabicki-Oracle on Jun 16, 2013
Before we dive (soon!) into design issues, I have to tell you about the organization where the Wonder Machine was developed. Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) is the part of Oracle that focuses on solutions for utilities – companies that provide electricity, gas, water, sewer, waste and other services to residential, commercial and industrial customers. Some of the products in our application portfolio are:
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing (CC&B)
- Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management (MDM)
- Oracle Utilities Operational Device Management (ODM)
- Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway (SGG)
- Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management (MWM)
- Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management (WAM)
- Oracle Utilities Customer Self-Service (OUCSS)
- Oracle Utilities Network Management System (NMS)
Why is this important? If you have worked with us before, you know us and what we offer already. If not, and would like to find out more, please visit our Oracle Utilities portal. If you have no particular interest in the utility billing, meters, assets or distribution networks, the discussion in this blog will still be relevant. I will use the names and acronyms of existing UGBU products in the examples that will follow. If you are not familiar with our applications, just substitute “Application A” for CC&B, “Application B” for MDM, and so on. The UGBU context will be useful to those who want to build installations of Oracle Utilities applications, but the Wonder Machine concept will be just as applicable to any enterprise applications running on Oracle technology stack.