Happy International Women's Day (IWD)! Here's a highlevel summary on how IWD evolved.
This blog has been providing info leading up to this day, and we're being made aware of insights on IWD from other bloggers.
Manjula, with Sun in India sent me this beautiful blog entry - She Rocks the World.
Take some time to check the blogroll at Sun throughout the day for thoughts from other Sun employees.
You can also hear thoughts from women around the world via a series of podcasts available from the United Nations. Sun blogger MaryMary is included among a list of impressive women:
- Her Majesty Queen Rania
- Kelly Askin, Open Society Institute
- Andrea Bottner, U.S.State Department
- Kathy Bushkin Calvin, United Nations Foundation
- Sarah Craven, UNFPA
- Eveline Herfkens, Millennium Campaign
- LaShawn Jefferson, Human Rights Watch
- Thoraya Ahmed Obaid, UNFPA
- Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House
- Anika Rahman, Americans for UNFPA
- Ruth Riley, WNBA Player
- Phoebe Schreiner, Open Society Institute
- Mary Smaragdis, Sun Foundation
- Gillian Sorensen, United Nations Foundation
- Ann Veneman, UNICEF
- Jane Wales, World Affairs Council of Northern California