By wizidm on Mar 01, 2007
Directory Server Enterprise Edition 6 is finally available. There are a lot of great new capabilities, including:
- New web console enabling administration and monitoring for the entire directory service from anywhere
- Enhanced and extended command line interface (CLI) enabling scripting of virtually anything you can do via the console
- Virtual directory capabilities which provide an aggregate view of identity information from disparate data sources, including multiple LDAP directories and relational databases
- Customizable data distribution for massive horizontal scalability
- Unlimited number of master servers
- Prioritized replication
- Operation routing and load-balancing
- Overall improved performance, but also for static groups and access control
Look for more posts on this in the future and check out our Identity Buzz Podcasts where the next one will be on DSEE 6.
How to download: You can download DSEE 6 by going here, but you do need a Sun Download Center account. You can select either the Sun Java Enterprise System or the Sun Java Identity Management System. Once you click on the "Get Downloads & Media" you will then click on the word "Multiplatform" near the top. Next you say need to accept the terms and pick what an item for your operating system. You can scroll down and select the DSEE 6 zip download, which I recommend.
Let me know what you think.