Thursday Dec 04, 2014
Friday Apr 13, 2012
By Wcoekaer-Oracle on Apr 13, 2012
Oracle Ebusiness Suite 12.1.3.
You can find the blog post here.
Templates are available for:
Why does this stuff matter? Well, in general, virtualization (or cloud) solutions provide an easy way to create Virtual Machines. Whether it's through a "cloud api" or just a virtualization API. But all you end up with, in the end, is still just a Virtual Machine... Maybe with an OS pre-installed/pre-configured. So you have flexibility of moving VMs around and providing a VM but what about the actual applications (anything more than a very basic app)?
The application administrator then still has to go and install and configure the OS for that application and install the application and its patches and basic configuration so that the application user then can go in. Building gold images for complex software stacks that are not owned by the users/admins is always very difficult.
With our templates, we provide a number of things :
Wim Coekaerts is the Senior Vice President of Linux and Virtualization Engineering for Oracle. He is responsible for Oracle's complete desktop to data center virtualization product line and the Oracle Linux support program.
You can follow him on Twitter at @wimcoekaerts
- Oracle Linux and Database Smart Flash Cache
- New features in ksplice uptrack-upgrade tools for Oracle Linux
- EBS VMs explained
- SAP certification for Oracle's Virtual Compute Appliance X4-2 (VCA X4-2)
- Oracle Linux Containers and docker and the magic of ksplice becomes even more exciting
- The magic of ksplice continues...
- The magic of ksplice
- MySQL 5.6.20-4 and Oracle Linux DTrace
- Openstack with Oracle Linux and Oracle VM
- A good use-case for Oracle Ksplice