New Oracle VM Templates available for download
By Wcoekaer-Oracle on Sep 10, 2010
More happy/great news.
Today, we released a new set of templates :
- Oracle RAC 22.214.171.124 for x86 (32 bit) with Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.4
- Oracle RAC 126.96.36.199 for x86_64 (64 bit) with Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.4
- PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 Database with Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.2 (64 bit)
- PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 PIA-AppBatch with Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.2 (64 bit)
and also last week
- Oracle VM Template for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 1 with ESUs and Tools 188.8.131.52
they are all available for download from the usual place. (click on Oracle VM templates after the license screen)
Special thanks to the Peoplesoft / JDEdwards teams and also to Saar Maoz from the RACPack team for the RAC templates.
For the RAC templates, see the readme file :
The entire install is automated, with the user only providing the required input parameters (nodenames, IP addresses, etc.) when guests are booted. Fully automated builds directly from Dom0 are also possible, including automated network setup to all VMs.
This is just incredibly cool. This sort of stuff shows the true value, power and abilities we have with the stack. This is time saving, money saving, and ultimately taking virtualization and stacks to the next level. Reproducible full stacks.
have at it