Groovy Gravy ?
By whacko on Mar 09, 2007
I think so. This debate about language preferences can get religious and being an atheist I know how that goes That's not so to say that Groovy is the only
religion language that should exist. Horses for courses, right ? But, I think Groovy is good. How good ? Well - really good. Off the cuff in no particular order here's why:
- Groovy code compile to Java bytecodes - Java tool support, Java Security, Java EE ...
- Syntax is simple - code more maintainable
- MOP (Meta Object Protocol) - enables some wicked maneuvers
- In-built XML support - unbelievable how simple it is to read/write XML
- Groovy has Grails !
- ... and more. You can find the entire feature set on the Groovy site.