Oracle Delivers Enhanced Desktop Virtualization Portfolio
By user12797724 on jun 19, 2010
New Sun Ray Client and Oracle® Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Release Offer Improved Performance, Flexibility and Security while Helping to Reduce Cost
Source: Oracle pressrelease
Redwood Shores, Calif. – June 2, 2010
Demonstrating its commitment to desktop virtualization, Oracle introduced Oracle’s Sun Ray 3 Plus Client, the latest addition to the Sun Ray Client family, and the latest release of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure software. These products add to Oracle’s desktop virtualization portfolio, which also includes Oracle Secure Global Desktop and Oracle VM VirtualBox. Enhancements include support for Windows 7 virtual desktops, ENERGY STAR 5.0 rating, support for larger displays, and higher performance and security.
With these new solutions, Oracle continues to deliver on the industry's most complete desktop-to-data center virtualization portfolio; enabling customers to more efficiently utilize their full software and hardware stack.
Oracle’s Sun Ray 3 Plus Client Delivers Greater Energy Efficiency and Cost Savings As a Desktop PC Alternative
The Sun Ray 3 Plus Client features:
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 qualification -- meeting stringent low power EPA requirements;
- Support for larger displays -- native support for up to two 30-inch displays with 2560 x 1600 resolution each enabling user productivity and efficiency;
- Faster I/O -- with Gigabit Ethernet (Copper or Fiber) and USB 2.0, enabling higher performance; and,
- Higher security -- native support for fiber optic networking via a Small Form Pluggable (SFP) connection module which provides a more secure environment than traditional copper ethernet and enables easy integration into a broader range of customer environments.
Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.1.1 Delivers Windows 7 Support, Improved Performance, Flexibility and Resource Utilization
Enhancements in this release include:
- Wider platform support -- allowing use of Windows 7 as a virtual desktop operating system;
- Increased networking flexibility -- with VLAN support for Microsoft Hyper-V;
- Improved performance -- with the latest Oracle VM VirtualBox host.
- Oracle Virtualization
- Sun Ray 3 Plus Client
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop
- Oracle VM VirtualBox
- Oracle Virtualization Blog
- Oracle VDI Bloggers
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.