Forward:Ten Reasons Why Blogging is Good For Your Career (写博客有助于工作的十个理由)
By williamxue on Jun 15, 2007
Maybe right, maybe wrong, just FYI.
- You have to get noticed to get promoted.
- You have to get noticed to get hired.
- It really impresses people when you say “Oh, I’ve written about that, just google for XXX and I’m on the top page” or “Oh, just google my name.”
- No matter how great you are, your career depends on communicating. The way to get better at anything, including communication, is by practicing. Blogging is good practice.
- Bloggers are better-informed than non-bloggers. Knowing more is a career advantage.
- Knowing more also means you’re more likely to hear about interesting jobs coming open.
- Networking is good for your career. Blogging is a good way to meet people.
- If you’re an engineer, blogging puts you in intimate contact with a worse-is-better 80/20 success story. Understanding this mode of technology adoption can only help you.
- If you’re in marketing, you’ll need to understand how its rules are changing as a result of the current whirlwind, which nobody does, but bloggers are at least somewhat less baffled.
- It’s a lot harder to fire someone who has a public voice, because it will be noticed.