Sun Web Server 7.0u7 Released, Further Fortifying Security
By cvr on Dec 18, 2009
We are happy to announce immediate availability of Sun Web Server 7.0 Update 7. In addition to addressing over customer escalations, this release features new capabilities and offers fixes for critical security vulnerabilities.
- Support for Kerberos via Simple Protected GSS-API Negotiation (SPNEGO) authentication.
- New Xerces C++ patch which fixes the CERT-FI Advisory.
- Provides relief for the SSL/TLS renegotiation vulnerability (CVE-2009-3555). Jyri Virkki's blog covers the vulnerability in-depth.
- Supports Windows 2008 SP2 32 bit (x86) Enterprise Edition.
- Upgrades bundled Java runtime to Java SE 6; Java SE 5 is supported to maintain backward compatibility.
Platform Deprecation Notes: Solaris 8 and Windows 2000 are deprecated. The support for these platforms will not be available in a future update release. All users of Web Server 7.0 through Web Server 7.0 Update 6 are encourage to upgrade to 7.0u7.
Downloaded Sun Web Server 7.0u7 at: http://tiny.cc/w81Ru.
The Release Notes can be reviewed here: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-0785.
On Behalf of the Sun Web Server team, our warmest wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!