ServerWatch just published a review of Sun Java System Web Server 7.0 titled Latest Sun Java Web Server Delivers a Jolt.
The Sun Web Server is fast, flexible, scalable, and a downright joy to run ...
if performance and ease of management are paramount, Web Server is the way to go.
Key highlights include:
- "The Sun Web Server is very performance-oriented."
- Installing Sun Web Server or Sun Proxy Server is an amazingly simple process.
- "Sun created DoS attack awareness and Cross-Site Scripting detection. Both features are desperately needed in Web servers, and Sun has come to the rescue.
- If we want an SSL-enabled Web site, Sun Web Server has made it extremely simple for self-signed certificates.
- ...let's say we'd like to create a cluster of Web servers, and have a front-end reverse proxy that load balances between all of them. This, too, is quite easy.
- Don't forget, Web Server is from Sun. It is highly multithreaded, extremely robust, and 64-bit capable on Solaris AMD64 and SPARC platforms.
- Sun always excels at multithreaded performance.
- In summary, Sun Web Server is generally two times as fast as Apache if performance and ease of management are paramount, Web Server is the way to go!