links for 2008-11-01
By webmink on Nov 01, 2008
- Esquire Endorses Barack Obama for President
It's not what the title makes it seem. This is unlike all the other endorsements I have read. It is the most profound horror of this year's Halloween. Read every painful line.
- Who owns the keys to the clouds?
Excellent post on cloud that's close to my concerns and even manages to link to me (albeit inadvertently through a Redmonk quote). No matter how cool the technology or hot the opportunity we all have to keep asking who controls my freedom to leave and how is my right to substitutability protected.
- Confirmed by Android team: G1 only accepts firmware signed by manufacturer
No more liberty than the iPhone, despite all the hype. This market is way overdue for some serious competition.
- E-mail error ends up on road sign
Good to see it's not just Chinglish that has this problem. Presumably this is "Welglish"
- Gwen Stefani and baby Zuma pic online under a CC license
Joi spots an excellent use of Creative Commons licensing to control one's privacy (and that's a nice pic as well).
- Open Source Marketing Metrics - From 0 to 700 Customers in One Year
Interesting (and unusual) to see conversion data on converting open source adoption to business.
- Twitter Vote Report
Excellent application of crowdsourcing for the US election season, should do Twitter no harm at all either (assuming the fail whale doesn't show up too often).
- No charges but US may never release Guantanamo Chinese
This is unspeakably sad and depraved.